Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy First Day of Spring!

Now ... I can really get in the springy mode! It's 7 degrees outside this morning. Makes one just feel the spring in their step when they go outdoors. Either that ... or freeze standing in one place too long! Yesterday the porch was 42 degrees in the afternoon. I seriously had a thought about taking a blanket, pillow and good book out there.
Makes me wonder if we'll have another big dumping of this...
So we can build another one of these ...
Or, are we headed for this view instead?!


I have the coolest icicles hanging off my screened porch. As the sun melts and the breezes blow, they have turned in toward the house. At least if they fall ... they shouldn't smack someone point down! My camera is about 3800 miles away right now. I tried taking a picture with the cell phone, but it just didn't do much good at all. Will try again tonite ... maybe not through the screen this time. It's worth it. They're really cool. :)

Dear hubby has been enjoying visiting in Prescott these past few days. Super fun to be able to spend a few days with his parents. I understand the feeling ... nothing like a kiddo coming home ...doesn't matter how old they are! We're looking forward to him coming home Sunday evening.


In other lightening news. Days are getting noticeably longer. 6:30 a.m. and I can see the trees outlined against the sky. I don't drive to work yet without headlights .. they turn on by themselves. I did meet a car driving without them yesterday though!! Soon it will be me! :) Evenings are getting longer and I love it! I'm still taking oodles of naps. Don't know what is up with that, but it works for me!

No comments:

Followers