Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday evening

In case you're wondering ... this is Friday evening and it looks like Redoubt is going to keep everyone on their toes tonite.

At 19:25 AKDT March 27, 2009 (3:25 UTC March 28) an explosive eruption occurred at Redoubt volcano. National Weather Service reports an ash cloud height of about 51,000 feet above sea level.

This follows closely behind the eruption that occurred at approximately 17:35 AKDT (01:35 UTC) that sent ash to an estimated height of 40,000 feet above sea level.

We actually had snow flurries at our house (and on our trip to Lowes) this evening. Nothing much to stick anywhere. Forecast is for snow for the next 9 days ... or are we now down to 8 days. The skies remind me of impending summer rain storms. Spring must be in the air in my mind. :)

We went to Lowe's this evening on a mission. Didn't accomplish the mission, but found things to finish off the laundry chute door from the main bathroom to the laundry room. I must say it has been a major treat for the past week to have that done. So far so good.

I need some ideas for hooks for towels. Towel issues are driving me nearly crazy. I don't like hanging anything over doors. Metal hooks are about $4 a piece and I really don't want to spend that kind of money. I don't want to buy an already made hook thing. Any ideas?

Coffee is done. It's Friday evening and I dare drink it tonite. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any old doorknobs hanging around for towel hooks? Like some pretty glass ones or something..
How is the flight situation at anchorage? are planes coming and going?
Jenny

Anita said...

As far as flights ... depends on the day or hour. Seems to be more of a problem heading north from Anchorage. I think they shut it down yesterday again for a while.

Doorknobs ... maybe I'll stop at Pom Pom today and look. We didn't see any doorknobs in any of the stores we stopped at, did we?

Followers