Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today we celebrate 24 years of wedded bliss. Unbelievable that time has flown so fast. We got married on a cold day in northern Minnesota after meeting 3 months earlier. I had moved to Phoenix and the first time Jari saw me he told Ken, "There's my wife." And so it was. We were married shortly thereafter. Life has been a journey. There have been 5 blessings we call children added to our family over the years. We've had the fun of financial ups and downs, the challenges of growing and changing ourselves, the laughs and the tears of children .. the building blocks of life that make it always challenging and never boring. We have traveled every state west of the Mississippi with our children and brought there here to experience another way of life. We're so fortunate to have many friends around the globe. Hard to believe that next year on this day we'll celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary. We have learned a few things in the past 24 years and I wouldn't go back to the beginning for all the tea in China. To imagine that WE will be celebrating a Silver Anniversary is a bit over the top. (Old people have those parties!) At least I have a year to get use to the idea.


Today he brought he two dozen roses at work. They are absolutely beautiful ... and he is much more so. He's the guy who also stopped by the hospital last week to start my car so it would be warm when I left. Sometimes he downright spoils me.

It will be an absolute pleasure to spend the next 24 years of my life with him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post...Happy Anniversary to you!! Keep spoiling each other!
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Ditto on what Jenny wrote!
~ Joyce

Followers