Wednesday, December 9, 2009

And what were you doing at about 6:40 a.m. today?

I was standing in the kitchen with my three oldest kidlets at that ridiculous hour this morning. The other two had caught the bus and the next two were being chaeuffered (sp?) by the eldest. We were hootin' it up about some absolutely ridiculous Christmas card ideas and all of a sudden I realized that I had two big males in the kitchen with minutes to kill. So I put them to work. Seize the moment kind of thing. Have to do that around here as it just doesn't happen with a schedule. I'm learning. I may be slow, but I'm getting it!

We brought this wooden couch up with us and it has been sitting out on the porch. Great place to catch a nap in the summertime, but recently I saw one for sale on Craig's List and sort of had an "oh shoot" moment at the thought of it being outside. (Like it hasn't been outside for a very long time.) The one on Craig's List looked nearly like this one and was selling for $1500. Time to refinish the thing. I don't know when I'll get around to that as I can't get around to doing much of anything anymore. I digress.



It is now down in the basement. We have moved walls around down there again. I wanted to show you what we're doing down there (at this point in my sentence Blayde wants to say "hi" to everyone .. thanks Blayde!), but I have to wash a wall before I show you a picture. That bad. Duke has been brushing up along the wall and it really looks like it. Ugh. The bright side is I have a counter with cabinets to claim for crafting. Yipee! Better claim it quick before my speedy hubby claims it and moves it out of there! I'll share pictures and explain ... maybe this weekend.

Happy Thursday. I have a staff meeting at 6:30 a.m. which means a brighter and earlier morning than usual. I feel like I could sleep for a month straight right now. This dark stuff starts to get to a person after a while. I spent the day at the dentist. I slept in the dentist chair. I slept in the waiting room. I came home and took a nap for an hour ... and now I'm going back to sleep. Maybe it would help if I went to sleep sometime before 11:30pm and woke up sometime after 5:15 a.m. I doubt it. Dark is dark. We'll just take lots of naps ... I'll take one for you too! By the way, I'm not the only one. Alyx, Brock and Anna have all been sleeping all evening. At least I'm in good company. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One consolation is that the days
will be getting longer in 11 days!
Do you really have to type in that
funny looking word verification?
What's the point? Now tell me.

Joyce said...

What was I doing at 6:40am? ... sleeping. I should have been up getting our little first-grader ready for school but had overslept. I woke up at 7:15, sprang out of bed, got him up, and miraculously got him on the bus at 7:40!!!! Wow, not sure how that happened ... maybe it helps that he REALLY likes school and he knows I was not going to venture out into the COLD morning to drive him to school if he missed the bus.

Followers