Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Spring?!?

I'm feeling like spring cleaning ... otherwise known as Winter's Coming Want to Nest Syndrome.
I started yesterday. Set the timer for 30 minutes and started on the laundry room. Timer rang and I was done in there for the day. Figured it might be a way to get some things accomplished without it being too incredibly painful. 30 minutes at least 4 days a week.

Tonight I started on my bedroom. Oh. My. Goodness. How does it happen that one ends up with an entire dresser drawer being a "junk drawer". The BIG drawer. Not a little one. Undeveloped film. Film? Heaven only knows where that came from. Tarnished silver jewelry. Receipts from Lowe's. Tia's picture frames. A tea set? A traveling iron. I'm telling you ... it is a plain ol' disaster. I wouldn't dare take a picture of the room in its current state. It looks like I'm moving or something. Pitch. Pitch. Pitch. Our bedroom is small. The closet is nice size, but there is no room for a dresser. Hence ... the dresser moved into the closet ... and the bottom drawer probably still held all the things I parked in it when we moved up here. Do I really need 4 winter coats/jackets hanging in a closet that is too small to begin with? Not. I'm On Call tomorrow evening so I may or may not have time to putter in there. Hopefully by Saturday evening I'll be done. Everything will have a place. The donation box will be overflowing. Jari won't find a thing when he comes home. :) Bad, hey? I have to clean that junk drawer out. You see .. he has so many long johns that they won't fit in a small drawer ... and that season is on the way.

Probably a good thing he isn't home right now. He'd never find his side of the bed if he was. 'Cuz this spring cleaning is in full swing!

No comments:

Followers