Sunday was a relatively quiet day. Jari & I went to breakfast with Ross & Denise. We seem to have issues finding time to get together with them. This life sort of gets a bit busy sometimes. Home to do a Sunday School lesson, take a nap and head to church.
On our way home from breakfast yesterday I started thinking about time. I started with thinking 6 years from now ... then changed it to 5 years instead. 5 years kept me on this side of 50. (In case you're wondering .. that would be the lower side of 50.) We all know how fast time marches on. It will soon be 2 years that we have been here. Another 5 years will fly on by ... and I'm not sure I'm ready for that! 5 years from now ....
- my oldest kiddo will be 27 years old ... at least he won't be 30!
- all of our children (who are high school studentes today) will have graduated
- the last of my kids will have been confirmed
- my baby will be counting down days until her 18th birthday ... also happens to be her Golden Birthday
- I could have 4 children married
- I could be a grandmother
- all of my kids could still be living at home
- my dear hubby will be a decade older than I
- going according to the current weight gain schedule I have going on here, I could weigh another 50 pounds more than I do today
I think this calls for a plan. We'll start with taking lots of photos. Then we'll play MANY games of Settlers or whatever else it is that the kids enjoy playing. We'll spend many hours visiting about the important things in our lives. I'll try not to get frantic that I haven't taught them everything that I'm suppose to before they leave home. And the weight gain? I keep thinking I ought to do something about that as well.