Saturday, August 14, 2010

I opted out this morning.

I opted out of doing this ....

What a mess, hey? Jari took 3 of the Laulainen boys fishing this morning. I decided that staying home and getting a double batch of pulla dough going, the laundry caught up and maybe a little paper cleaning was more to my liking. Getting out of the door at 5:30 a.m. after working all week? I would have gone if Brenda had decided to go. She came up with a better plan as well. I'll have to find her a special "bummer we missed it" prize. He'll come home and take a nap ... and then I'll get him out the door to go blueberry picking. :)

Well .. maybe I'm cheating a bit. In the middle of the pulla baking, I'm visiting you with my coffee.

I did see the sun this morning for a bit. It was lighting the trees around us. It never touched OUR trees ... and never the yard. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that it will show up sometime soon. My tomatoes would love it. The peas could care less.


My porch is a full story high on one side. I ought to go out and measure. Now I know why that tape measure was sitting next to the computer! The tallest pea plants that have the space to grow upward are 9 feet tall. The ones against the 8ft screen are a bit cramped ...

They're taking twisty turns and I've never seen anything quite like it. We'll need a step ladder to reach the peas once they pop out. Blooms we have. Jack is going to need a ladder for sure when he comes to visit!

Time to swap the laundry which, by the way, seems to be reducing itself. It is amazing what happens when offspring start washing their own for the most part. Then off to find a sweatshirt, rain jacket, pair of boots and a bucket.


The berries are calling my name.

No comments:

Followers