Monday, May 18, 2009

Whew! Another weekend!

As promised ... just a few days late ... we had HAPS over for a shared birthday party for Blayde and Natasha on Friday evening. Like my dining room window? Gift from Alyx. :) Thought it was really cute. Any bets on how long it will stay there?

Blayde turned 22 years old! Voi, voi, voi. Time is a flyin'.

Natasha turned 19 ... I'm guessing her mom has just as many voi's in her mind! I have MANY pictures of this young lady ... most with her eyes closed. Don't know how that manages to happen.

We had a bonfire and roasted hot dogs, sang songs ....

Maija enjoyed perfectly roasted marshmallows ... courtesy of Stan.

Of course, never one to miss an opportunity, my Anna was in the camera lens! We had a very enjoyable evening and aim to make these bonfires a regular part of our summer. Camp the weekends away .... and bonfire whenever we can. Kind of wonder when I'm going to get laundry done. We'll have to figure that one out. I got it! The kids are out of school after Friday. I work all week long. Want to head out Friday evening? Means that everything will be done ... right??!!?

Saturday I made my normal pulla dough and headed out to find some garage sales with Jari. We only made it to one and had to quit. I'll share pictures of what we found at the first garage sale in another post. We are going to have some fun this summer.
Pete Lever was here for the weekend. We had a discussion on Saturday evening and got home about 10ish. Had to run up to the road and get a picture of this. Summer is definately here. Look at that green. Seems to me that after Friday's rain it just exploded green everywhere. It was certainly out, but now seems to be just so much more vivid.

Tia went for a stroll with me and the camera. I looked down and couldn't believe it. Any wonder that the socks have holes in them?! "I can run faster", she says.

I am such a cheap mom. I have never bought wheelie shoes until now. Only bought them now because Fred Meyer had an awesome shoe sale the other weekend. 60% off clearance prices. Tia got her wheelies. They drive me a little nuts when in close proximity, but she thoroughly enjoys them.

Oh, my dear girl. I wonder if this is who she will be for the rest of her life. I hope so.

The wheelies make for some interesting hair don't they? I have no clue how many pictures I took, but I absolutely adore digital photos. Delete ... delete ... delete ... oooh, love that one ... delete. Should have had these when my mom was paying for developing my film when I was a wee one.

Sunday we had a delicious brunch/lunch. Spent the late afternoon at services. Came home and visited with Kevin & Renae for a while. Then ... off to set the coffee pot for Monday morning. The last Monday morning of this school year. I think I'm ready. I think they are too.

1 comment:

pam said...

Good time's and better memories! What a fun weekend! Happy Birthday Blayde and Na Tasha! Sad that your baby is growing so fast. What a precious girlie-girl:)

Followers