Friday, May 8, 2009

Small surprises

I came home from work yesterday and tossed the prepared lasagne into the oven. Anna, Tia & I buzzed to Fred Meyer to pick through their clearance. Heard that they had a good clearance going on and Anna is in desperate need of shoes and something to wear to 8th grade promotion. Then we were headed for the shoe store across the street. Anna was in the fitting room at Freddy's when my cell phone rang.

We take call at work. The department I'm in is staffed with on call staff from 6pm to 11pm Mon thru Friday and from 7am to 6pm on weeekends. We signed up for May's call in April. I had originally signed up for last night and then gave it away. Problem is that the girl who wanted it was never informed of the days she got. Last night at 5:45 she was in Anchorage shopping. I wasn't. Ugh.

So we headed home instead. With Anna not having a thing in her hand. This is driving me crazy. Maybe over the weekend we'll manage to hit a few more stores.

I swallowed a few mouthloads of lasagne and headed back to work.

One of the things I thoroughly enjoy about nursing is getting to know people. The people, and their families, that I helped make it through their surgery experience last night were absolutely delightful people.

I didn't get home until nearly 11:30 pm and woke up a bit too late to get Tia on the bus this morning.

While I sat there last night I made my Ikea shopping list. :) Jenny, that is one quick stop I want to make. Ikea. I don't want many things, but there are a few things that I really would like to have. Am hoping to spend part of a day in Prescott. Oh! Don't let me forget Storables either. I need another one of those cd storage things as well.

By the way ... was wishing I had a camera on my way home last night. 11:20ish and my headlights were on. Should push come to shove and the headlights quit working ... I could've seen where I was going. Quite fun!

I am thinking that I'm going to have a very cold shower this morning. Waking up kids + kids taking showers + mom needs to hop in there in about 10 minutes = cold shower for mom.

No comments:

Followers