Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We are home safe and sound

Where on earth do I start to share our past 5 days? Day by day? Sounds like a plan.

As always, I came home with far less people pictures and more of things like dew on cars. Go figure. I don't know what is wrong with that. Dew drops don't blink or make funny faces at me. They don't move. That's why I like them so much.

We had a wonderful time! Spent the night flying with a nearly 3 hour layover in Seattle on Tuesday nite. Fun first time experience for 2 girls. :)

Finally reached our destination ... Phoenix. I don't think Jari managed any sleep all nite, but I sure did. No problem falling asleep and staying there for each flight. Good thing. We are going to be a bit busy!

Finally here!! We did manage to check in only one bag on the way down. Carried the rest on the plane with us. We filled back packs with jeans and the one check in with toiletries. Some rearranging necessary upon reaching our destination.

"Bill, we're outside door # .... "
Off to Prescott Valley ... with sleeping kids the entire way. Jari called Mummu on Monday evening and let her know we were coming. He did cheat a little bit and tell her that there were only 2 of us ... didn't tell her the kids were with us.

This window is very special to us. We have seen many an anticipatory gaze behind that glass over the many years.

The thermometer was being kind. Maybe not overly gracious ... but kind.

Ahhh ... a sauna. So, I've always said "once a year .. need it or not", but it sure felt good to be back in that sauna again. Has been much too long since I sat on that bench.

Mummu made plenty of coffee ... the girls played good Skip-Bo with Pappa (we've been playing that game together for as long as we've known each other). Visiting and just enjoying each other's company was more than enough for all of us.

The girls were taking turns with the camera as well ... wispy clouds filled the sky ..

We spent our evening at the opening of services in Prescott. Many friendly faces ... a bunch of whom we invited over for coffee afterward. Alas, no people pictures. But the visiting was fun! Someday in my life I hope we can all reconnect and spend oodles of time together. Maybe in our retirement years.

11:15 pm on Monday evening as I write this. The kids have crashed. Alyx had a cake and bars waiting for us when we got home. Now I'm waiting for her to come home from work in the next 10 minutes or so. Anxious to see her ... and she's ready for a lively house again!

No comments: