Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shhh ... don't tell anyone ...

it's snowing outside this morning.
The cars are covered with white and nobody knows it yet.
They're sleeping.
I love Saturday mornings.
I mean ... I REALLY love them.

I don't wake up the kids at the crack of dawn to start dusting window ledges. Maybe I should, but I don't.
My theory is that if the work gets done ... I don't care how or when it gets done. Just don't let me see it UNDONE!

Maybe it's because I really like Saturday mornings.
My alarm rings at 7 a.m. on both weekend days. That is quite a sleep in for me. After the 5:15 a.m. ring the rest of the week. I feel quite rested when I get up.

8:12 a.m. as I post. It is still dark outside. I've hopped a few blogs this morning and chuckled and ooh'd about a few things. My pulla dough is rising. Double batch mind you. The bread machine is mixing bread dough for me. I really have come to love that thing. 99% of the time I don't use it for baking bread. I use it as a mixer. I cut Mummu's bread recipe in half. I dump the ingredients in the bread machine and hit the "Dough" button. It mixes and sits there to rise. I punch it down, put it in pans and get myself 3 loaves of flat bread. I do love flat bread. The other bread I buy at the store. I really don't want to spend my precious time making bread for sandwiches or toast. I want the good stuff with my dinner. When it's done, I slice and freeze it. (Thanks Mom!)


Now I'm off to try and find the grocery store ads. Haven't picked up anything for Thanksgiving yet. I thought I was going to be off on Wednesday and running to the dentist all day long .. and baking. Not to be. Good thing I looked at the vacation book yesterday. I need to cancel the dental appointments. Oh well. Couldn't afford that trip anyway. We have 2 more days scheduled in December. The moral of all that was ... I need to accumulate the food fixins for the holiday!

No comments:

Followers