Sunday, August 14, 2011

Paper ... I think I love it.

For a part of my life I was a bookkeeper.
I really do like paper.
I like it organized and labeled.
I like order.
This isn't order.
This is complete chaos.
Where does it come from and what does one do with it all?
After spending hours in a corner of my bedroom yesterday,
it is organized. It is filed. It is packed away in a a box if it needs to be.
I wonder where my 2010 income tax return is, I couldn't find that one!
Somewhere safe ... I'm sure.

The bottom right hand corner of this photo is a pile of radiology exams.
CT scans, MRIs, xrays.
I think there may be serious advantages to parking your life in one spot and leaving it there, although then again ....

In another part of my closet (who needs room for clothes anyway?) I have stored another box.
One of those cute ones you can find at Ross, JoAnns or wherever.
It has been with me for a while.
Had I thought of it, I would have started one when we first got married.
It came to me empty.


This box has gotten quite full over the years.
It holds cards and letters I've recieved.
Some are from my children.
Some are from my friends.
There are postcards from my traveling parents.
Some I have added dates to.
Many are in the envelopes they arrived in.


Someday when the kids are grown and gone.
When my husband is off fishing or golfing and I'm at home with fingers that aren't willing to craft or create.
On a day when I make sure I have a full tissue box at my side ....


maybe I'll just take a journey through time.
And look through this very special box.

Jari has been at Kamp Kipa for the past few days working on the bath houses. He has been gone from Alaska for over a week already and will, hopefully, be home again in the next several days. I can't wait to get up to the camp ... it has been a long time. A dream is an idea that just needs some motivation behind it, right? I really want to spend a good part of my summers high up in the mountains above Prescott. Just have to figure out how to make it happen!

********************************

Zucchini Bread Recipe

Grate squash to get 2 cups and let drain while adding other ingredients.

3 eggs
1 c oil
2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 c flour
1/2 c nuts (optional)
2 c grated zucchini

Bake 45 to 60 minutes at 350.

We grew up on this very special bread. It is so moist and absolutely scrumptious.
I prefer to bake it in the mini loaf pans rather than regular size ones, and works well in muffin tins as well. A great use for frozen zucchini!

No comments:

Followers