Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tired and still at it.

My house smells soooo good right now. I really wish I could bottle up the scent and have it wafting out of your computer right now. Amish Friendship Bread is busy baking in the oven. I really haven't a clue as to who is going to eat it all ... I hope it won't be me!

It's been a crazy busy week.

Monday evening: Jari & I brought Tia to Monday School and while she was there we went to visit Steve & Jeannette for a few hours. Super fun!

Tuesday evening: I practiced a new recipe for Pulled Pork sandwiches on some guys. I'll share the recipe another day. I'm good at that. Testing on visitors. Why not? It turned out really well!


Wednesday: Alyx and I went to Helen's for lunch. Helen was our babysitter for a long time when our first 2 were babies/littles and I was working full time. One (or more .. who knows) of Helen's kids couldn't pronounce Alyx's name and she became Aiu (pronounced eye you). She is still Aiu to them. Fun to have Jaana there that day as well and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit.



A bunch of late afternoon running for necessary things, a piece of peanut butter toast for dinner and off to Bible Class. We're on church cleaning this week as well. :) Got that accomplished that evening and we should be good for a while!

Thursday: Last evening that we'll have all our munchkins in the same state for a while. We barbequed. Burgers. Dogs. Shredded Beef on the Grill. Yum. Eat until you're sick kind. Then I attempted a picture of them together. I am not a fan of inside photos. Period. I like them all outdoors. That option was out as it was a tad bit darker out there than in here!


It doesn't seem to matter what age they are! I still can't get everyone looking at the camera and smiling at the same time! Then again ... If I can catch that smile .... I don't care if it isn't aimed at my lens!


It was a fun filled evening full of visiting, kids running around saying good byes, game playing at the dining room table with Ronda. I think I actuallly won a game of Settlers again! Fun filled .... just a little late for a very early start on ....

Friday: Up at 4:30 a.m. to get Alyx to the airport. We didn't have a scale in the house (I borrowed one to weigh the next kiddos bags) so one of her bags was a wee bit over the allowed weight. Ugh. Hate when that happens. She flew through Seattle and then on to Anchorage safely!

I had a massage at noonish. I haven't had a massage since sometime last summer and it was pure relaxation. Wonderful. Need to not wait so long the next time around! A first time visit to the Pita Jungle with ladies for lunch following the massage and home for a quickie nap. We sort of had an evening appointment with the Apple store again, so someone had a great idea of stopping for something to eat on the way there. If you haven't been there .... this just happens to be across the street.


Dinner? Tiramisu Cheesecake with coffee. I highly recommend it!

If you're in need of anything Apple ... give Jari a call. He is more than willing to help you part with your monies! He'll even help you hook it all up. Just have a cup of coffee ready for him!


Saturday (Today): Another early one for a few of us. Brock and I headed for the airport in Mesa at 5:30 this morning. He safely boarded and eventually landed in Fargo where the weather isn't exactly the balmy 70+ degrees that we're having here today! The coming and the going of kids gets a little easier when they are excited about where they are going. Another post. Another time.

I have been wanting to head down to the Tempe Town Lake and take some night time pictures. Having to drive down that way 3 times a week makes an extra evening trip for photos just not something I've been rushing to do. I grabbed the camera this morning, thinking that it would be dark enough on my way back home. It wasn't what I wanted after all. I guess I'll have to go back again.


Home again, home again, jiggety jig ... back to my regular ongoing gig. Laundry. Dishes. Bills. Paper. Baking. Laundry. Nap. Laundry.
Yup. That stuff.

I am so thankful that tomorrow is Sunday.
You have no idea how thankful.

No comments:

Followers