Monday, October 10, 2011

Sunday we went for a drive ...

and my camera sat in the car nearly the entire time.
Sad, hey? Thank goodness the phone takes up the slack.
The four of us headed up the hill to Flagstaff for the day.
Our northern place of choice use to be the Mogollon Rim, not Flagstaff, and I'm guessing it was because we lived on the other side of the city.
It may become Flagstaff now.
Other than the driving thing, we have special people to see in Flagstaff.
I'm not a downhill skiier, but they do live right next to the ski hill and the nordic center. Hmmmm.
And they do have the cutest littles ever.
Brand new littles that beg to have their toes uncovered ... just so Anna can count them.
 

Keilah is in a state of delirium and we probably didn't help. I should have sent her for a nap during the afternoon. I'm going to go back and do that. Soon.


Then we had the most delightful bit of news. Babies are certainly delightful enough. This was just more icing on the cake of life. My SIL Annette has moved back to Arizona from Colorado. Sorry for the kids she left behind, not sorry for me. Hopefully her hubby will be able to get down here soon. For now, it is work where there is work. I haven't driven this road in 4 long years. It felt so good to travel down it .... and have a warm cup of coffee with a warm visit at the end.

 
While we were running around northern parts of the state yesterday, Alyx was having a barbeque (and birthday celebration unbeknownst to her) with the family up in Alaska. I'm glad she had a good day. Today is officially her special day. The day when teen years ended yesterday and life's path lays ahead ....
Happy Birthday to my dear daughter!
 
Today I picked up (as in grocer not orchard) 16 pounds of Barlett pears. They're still a bit green so I have a day or two to find some canning jars. Then I'm going to do the forbidden. I am going to use the glass top stove and the pressure cooker ... together. I'll let you know what happens!
 
**************************************************************************************
 
Monkey Bread
 
2 large cans refrigerated biscuits
3/4 c sugar
4 tsp cinnamon
 
Cut biscuits in 6 pieces each. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll biscuit sections in sugar mixture. Spray Bundt pan with Pam. Arrange 1/2 biscuits in pan and 1/2 of mixture below over them. Arrange final 1/2 of biscuits, covered with final 1/2 of mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
 
Carmel mixture:
Melt together in sauce pan and bring to boil.
1/2 c butter
1 c brown sugar
1 c light karo syrup
 
*** Note: I googled Monkey Bread and adapted this to what I do from Cooks[dot]com. If you don't have access to refrigerator biscuits, there are other options avabailable such as frozen bread dough or fresh home made doughs. Have fun!

1 comment:

Joni said...

Thanks, Anita! I wonder if I asked for this recipe before - it looked kind of familiar once I saw it! :-) And you guessed right, I thought right away that I won't be able to make these ... I'll have to improvise! :-)

Followers