Saturday, June 25, 2011

The beginning of the last chapter.

With the posting of the "Too Late" sign, we begin the end of the last chapter of our Alaska Experience.
This week I told someone that I feel as if I've been on a Long Explore ...
and now I'm ready to go back home.
There will be plenty of time between now and the end of the chapter to share with you the people and the places we will miss.
There will be many of them.

In the meantime, tho', we had an offer on our house the beginning of the week.
We counter offered and they accepted.
They have until Monday to finalize a few things and, we're hopeful, that by Monday evening we will be moving forward.
In a way we already are as inspection is scheduled for Tuesday.
Our closing is scheduled for August 2nd, after which we'll rent the house back for the remainder of August. We'll catch the Silver Salmon and fishing at Jim's Creek. We'll taste yummy treats at the wonderful Alaska State Fair. We'll pack. We'll plan. We'll play as much as we can.
The playing is going on this weekend in a few different spots.
I am playing at home by myself.
This is what I consider a small slice of heaven.
The sun was shining brilliantly when I came home yesterday from work, so I headed out with the lawn mower. I must say that I even had the opportunity to sweat a little! I heard the forecast was for rain starting today. Thank goodness I mowed what I did! Duke doesn't even want to go this morning to use nature's facilities! He takes a look out the door and turns around to come back in.
I'm laundering, fridge cleaning, shopping for smoke detectors at Lowe's.
That sort of thing.
In the middle of it, I'm paying bills and dusting.
Jari is out fishing. Out on the Russian or the Kenai or something down south.
They were at Bing's Landing last night and are hitting a halibut charter out of Ninilchik today. Fish on!!
The kids are all at Youth Camp.
I ran there last night to drop off forgotten things.
The place is absolutely beautiful and close by.
The sun was brilliantly shining, volleyball being thumped back and forth, bonfire cooking when I stopped by.
"Always watch where you are going.
Otherwise, you may step on a piece
of the Forest that was left out by mistake."
-Winnie the Pooh Quotes

1 comment:

mom said...

Good idea to autograph your photos.
Lavonna said she saw 2 of my paintings at your place. I know one is the scene you saw from the front yard of your Scottsdale home.
Can't remember the other one that you picked from my collection in the boys' bedroom. An artist notices things even if they aren't
necessarily good!

Followers