Saturday, January 15, 2011

Enough is enough.

NORTHEAST WIND 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 55 MPH DECREASING TO 10 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH BY LATE AFTERNOON. WIND CHILLS 15 BELOW TO 30 BELOW IN THE MORNING.

.TONIGHT...CLEAR. LOWS 10 BELOW TO 20 BELOW. NORTHEAST WIND TO 15 MPH WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 30 MPH.

.SUNDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS 5 BELOW TO 10 BELOW. NORTHEAST WIND TO
15 MPH WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO 30 MPH.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...CLEAR. LOWS 20 BELOW TO 30 BELOW. LIGHT WINDS.
 
 
By the time the light winds hit on Sunday night, I really won't care if it is 30 below. We haven't seen much of anything below zero this winter. Not that I'm a fan of freezing my lungs everytime I take a breath outside, but this wind has sent me over the edge. Seriously.
 
I'm hanging on by my fingernails ... and those are nearly chewed to the quick. Maybe I've developed a bad attitude about the whole thing. Maybe? Yes, I have. We've had nearly 6 weeks of hurricane winds this winter and I'm ready to be done with it.
 
Tuesday evening when I brought Jari to the airport, Anchorage was absolutely beautiful!! Frost laden trees, snow everywhere ... no wind. I'm heading there this afternoon. Just so I can walk outside and not be blown nearly to Nome.

1 comment:

The Rudstroms said...

Well, should you be blown to Nome, just let the wind carry you a bit farther and stop by for a cup of coffee.
~AnnMarie

Followers