Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wind

with gusts up to 65 mph are in the forecast for today. It already feels like it out there this dark and early morning.

Why did I want chickens? I need to go out there this morning and freshen water and throw feed.
It. Is. Dark.
The wind may blow me sideways. And, no, I haven't lost any weight. It's that strong.

It may be a blessing that Tia is still sick today. She needs to walk from the bus. She wouldn't be walking. She'd be slip sliding. Add a string and she'd probably make a terrific kite in all this.
Sick kids.
 I left work early yesterday and brought Brock & Tia to the doctor. Strep is going around and I was thinking that they should probably be looked at by someone other than me. He doesn't think they have it. Just a virus that is taking a while to make it through their systems. We'll just keep passing out stuff from Mom's drug and oil cabinet. Maybe another several days and they'll both be up to par.

Jari & I took a trip to Anchorage on Saturday. A trip I call it. For me, it really is. We made it Eagle River (about the halfway mark) and realized that his badges were at home. Turned around to come get them. While on the exit, Tia called from Hillukkas. "Mom, I don't feel good. Can you come get me?" As long as we were playing the Around the World Game, we picked her up and brought her home. Several hours later we tried for Anchorage again. We did manage a trip to Costco and an absolutely delicious slab of steak. That is it. No other shopping like I had envisioned. Another day I guess. We spent the night in Anchorage and I dropped him at the airport at 4 a.m. Home to take a nap, get Anna to work and then start a wee bit of cooking and baking for an afternoon of singing at our house with the songleaders and organists.

Tuesday morning already? I had better hit it. If I park my rig so the lights are shining in the appropriate direction, I might just get those chickens fed and watered before I leave for work. Might even get a basket of wood hauled in. There has to be a better system for wood gathering than the one we presently have. We have an idea in that department, but it all takes time and money.

Dinner tonite. Maybe pancakes. If they are really lucky. I just loaded the dishwasher this morning. They may not even get pancakes if I have chicken feeding duty.

No comments:

Followers