Saturday, May 22, 2010

What is wrong with this picture?


I thought today was D-Day. Or should I call it S&M Day. I really think it is suppose to be 3 days from now. But I did it anyway.
I stepped on the scale for the first time in almost 30 days.
I took out that blasted measuring tape.
I took out a pen.
I didn't need a calculator.

Then I started baking some more Friendship Muffins.


I also came up with an idea that probably already exists, because that's the way my ideas work. I think having a room that you step in where they measure displaced air would be a grand thing. Then you wouldn't have to measure body areas. And ... you might get the benefit of 1/8" somewhere you hadn't even thought of! Anything to gain another 1/8" of loss would be a grand thing.

The scale hasn't moved a whit. The inches have dropped off slowly. 5.25 in a month. Okay. That's better than nothing. If I avoid that stinkin' chocolate drawer at work for the next 30 days. Walk at least 3 days a week with Leslie. Don't eat those Friendship Muffins. Maybe? I think I need a different DVD as well. I need to lose the belly fat. The pants aren't going to fit any better unless I do that. Why on earth do sugary confections have to taste so good?!

My girls are all gone for the day .. they all left yesterday. I have boys at home. One who works at noon. After this baking is done (and maybe some laundry being as I haven't been down in that room for over a week now) I am heading outside. It looks like it is going to be an absolutely gorgeous day out there. Most of the cucumber plants are growing on a window ledge in the basement. They've decided to start hanging on to the cords for the blinds. I think it is time to move them ....

Out there to the warm sunshine.
Off to a barbeque at 4 pm.
I'd best get hustling.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I just curious ... does it work to have the cucumber plants "climb" vs. spread out along the ground? I've thought of putting up some fencing for the peas to climb and wondering if it would also work for the cucumbers?

Followers