Friday, May 7, 2010

Aloha Chicken to Meandering

I deleted the pictures of the Aloha Chicken. I'm not going to share the pictures. It was okay, but I didn't clean my plate. Does that tell you anything? In my opinion, the chicken was really dry ... and I served it with white rice, which I don't like. It may go over well at your house. If you're interested in giving it a try ....

Aloha Chicken

4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
20 - oz can pineapple chunks
11 - oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1 green or red pepper, chopped
1/4 c onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T soy sauce
1 t fresh ginger, peeled, and grated

Arrange chicken in a slow cooker; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.

** I sort of drained the pineapple before I looked at the recipe. It didn't reduce the liquid in the crockpot at the end of the day. I had plenty of liquid from the frozen chicken breast.

Let me know if you like it. :)

I found Motivation last night. It was hiding behind Walk Outdoors With Camera and Grab Shovel and Turn Dirt in Flowerbeds. I really think I prefer the walking video to the walking outdoors. Leslie Sansone has you working many body parts ... not just the legs. I need to get some more videos. Have been working with the only one I have. A quick 20+ minutes and it feels like you actually did something. Time to beef up the action and go for a bit more.

While I was meandering outdoors last evening, I found these ...


I think this one is my favorite. Splashes of green against fields of brown. The temp reads 40 degrees this morning with clear skies. By the time I get home today, this picture may have changed dramatically. It is just amazing, this dawning of another summer.


And these?!?!?! Hellooooo. They aren't there anymore. Mom moved them. I wonder what would happen if I waited just as long to cook dinner or buy toilet paper as they wait to move the things I ask them to. I'm telling you. It calls for a strike. Big. Time.

1 comment:

Heather said...

As for the chicken... I was with the recipe until I got to pineapple and then mandarin oranges. Sorry, my household isn't going to be given the opportunity to give it a try....

Followers