Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Easy Dinner Nite


This was one of those clipped out of a magazine recipes. I wasn't sure I'd ever use it, but tonite I tried it. I'll recommend it as a once in a while as long as you doctor it up a bit.

Beef Taco Skillet

1 lb ground beef (or whichever critter is filling your freezer)
1 can (10-3/4 oz) Campbells Condensed Tomato Soup
1/2 cup Pace Chunky Salsa
1/2 cup watter
6 flour tortillas (6"), cut into 1" pieces
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook beef in skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to seaparate meat. Pour off fat.
Stir in soup, salsa, water and tortillas in skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook 5 min. Stir. Top with cheese.

Cooks note: I added black beans to the mix and then topped it all with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. It isn't spicey at all, so if you need some zip to your food .... find something to add. Wish I had guacamole in the fridge today as that would have been a good addition. While this isn't a dish that I would make once a week, it'll work for a real quick dinner. Make it real fast by having your meat already browned and frozen in the freezer. (I'm not adhering to the nutritional loss of precooked and frozen meat. I just go for convenience.)

Happy dining!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would add a pkg. of taco seasoning to the ground beef.

Followers