Saturday, November 12, 2011

In with some ... out with others

I managed it! My eyeballs were open at shortly after 4:00 a.m. Friday. I would have never thought it possible. That is a totally unacceptable hour to be getting up for work ... unless you consider the traffic at that hour. It is absolutely delightful. As in nearly non existent. I got to work nice and early, having the opportunity to sit in the parking lot for about 30 minutes. Back in Alaska, I spent many of my short morning drives to work doing a 10 minute phone chat with someone. Time zones worked well for that. Not anymore. I can't call anyone in Alaska at 3:30 in the morning. Well, I suppose I could. They probably wouldn't appreciate it. Minnesota is nearly the same thing. So it goes. I sat in the dark car with a well lit cell phone finding something to do. Kind of makes you feel like you're sitting in a fish bowl ... in a bowl of piranhas. Not the most comfortable feeling in the world. As I was assured many times during orientation by security and others, the hospital is not exactly in a great part of town. The day went well and I'm looking foward to next week!

Jari and Alyx went up to Colorado Thursday morning and came home Friday evening. One of those flying (in the truck) trips and on a mission. They helped move the rest of Juha and Annette's to Prescott! Thursday evening I cleaned the garage. It doesn't really matter how much a person tries to pare down their worldly goods ... they still exist and get shuffled all the time.


There really was an ulterior motive for getting this done. I really wasn't bored or anything. I cleared a spot for a treadmill that was coming home in the load from Colorado. Today it is in its spot and I am hopeful that it gets as much walking time as everyone thinks it will!


Friday morning I hit this dresser. No, I really didn't hit it. The girls were busy cleaning out their bedrooms. I actually have bags of clothes for donation!! Yippee!! This dresser is going in Anna's room and it needed a little facelift. This is one of those pieces that Jari brought home right before we moved. Not a sturdy thing, but functional with some fun looking form.


 It is now shiny black. The drawer pulls on the dresser aren't the metal they appear to be. They're cheap plastic stuff. Now I'm trying to find new handles. Must need a trip to Ikea, because finding 4 inch drawer pulls isn't as easy as I thought it would be.


After this one is in place, I think (as far as I can remember) I have two pieces left to do. Smaller projects and super fun. Good thing I know where that sander is!

Scored at a few yard sales this morning. Scrubs from one of them and Western garb at another. I've been wearing surgical department scrubs for the past 4 years. Gosh, I miss those things. Peel them off and toss them in the laundry basket when you leave for the day. Show up in the morning and pick a pair. Depending on how much you ate the nite/week/month before, you chose a larger size. Mighty convenient. That convenience has gone out the window ... and I now get to launder (and purchase) my own. Today's find helped out a bit in that area!

Tonight we are attending a Western Dinner Fundraiser ... in western dress. Those not dressed in western garb will be penalized.  I think we're good to go. It promises to be a super fun evening! 

1 comment:

mom said...

Dresser looks nice in black.

Followers