Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We live in a rental home.

That means we are always on the lookout for real estate. The purchasable kind.
Therefore, this one doesn't really count as a viable option.
We only have 2 children at home and they probably could pare down their belongings a wee bit to fit into something like this.
I did take a tour around the neighborhood the other day.



Security systems seem to be very popular in this neighborhood. The added color of the bougainvilla was a great plus for me!


Privacy fencing appears to be as popular as the security systems, and here we have a combination package. It would certainly allow you to slip outdoors for your early morning coffee without dressing first for the day.


Furniture. I was quite tempted to stop and ask if this homeowner was interested in donating this lovely piece of furniture to my collection. I can't say that I'm exactly a fan of the color pink, but just look at the possibilities! This neighborhood is very colorful. They have no problem with splashing around pain that is bright and cheery.


All the concrete pedestals I've ever needed! All in one spot. Perhaps I could use that for my privacy fencing. Either way, I was quite pleased to see that there was an automotive repair shop right close by. You just never know when you might need that service.


If you're like me, you spend too much time at the grocer. Personally, I'd much rather spend that time browsing Hobby Lobby or some other store along that line. In any event, I did find such a place. Okay. Maybe I found such a place. I'm guessing that the word Market means they carry things like eggs and milk. Other than the Phone Cards, the other stuff here isn't going to do me much good!


I mentioned the colorful neighborhood. It reallly is. Unfortunately, I was able to photograph only small amounts of the beautiful color. To be perfectly honest, it was about 2 pm and I had a nice long lens on my camera and was sort of feeling like a fish in a fishbowl.  I have never researched these things myself, but I've been told that you should have a splash of red in every room of your home. That could probably apply to neighborhoods as well!


We do thoroughly enjoy people. We like lots of people in our lives. We're that kind of folk. If we haven't had anyone strolling through our door in a while, we start having withdrawl issues. Visiting falls in the vital category. So, imagine my joy at seeing a neighborhood population that visits! Neighborhood visiting seems to be a lost art in this country. Folks sort of hide behind their front doors and don't know their neighbors. Not here. No siree!


Now you can see why I was so excited about that automotive repair shop! To be perfectly honest, my work place would be so close I could walk. I was rather surprised to see this vehicle. I was told when I went through orientation not to be too terribly surprised if I went out in the morning (I do work days so I should be safe!) and found my car up on blocks. I've never quite seen this sort of thing before. That automotive shop could probably help me out a bit if the walk to work got to be too scary/dangerous long for my non exercising self.


I'll go on another explore again sometime soon and see what else is in the neighborhood. I might even find some of that color so you can see it. It really is amazing.

Then again ... if I haven't totally offended you by strolling this poverty stricken neighborhood, stick around and I'll take a gander at the other end of the spectrum one day.

No comments:

Followers