Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This has become our world

one of disappearing green ... and the coming of oranges and browns ... soon the bright of white. Won't be long .. much as I dare not admit it right now!


Awesome day today at work.
I am anxious to see how it all works out, but we are going to attempt 10 hour shifts!
This has been a long awaited for day.
For almost 3 years now, I've worked Monday through Friday ... sort of bankers hours with call time on top of that. Makes appointments difficult to say the least. Not only appointments though. One of the toughest things has been getting everything done ... and trying to get it all done in a weekend. Make that a Saturday. I know that most of the world does not consider Sunday a Day of Rest.

Our family does.

That means that the lawn doesn't get mowed on Sunday. Laundry isn't scheduled for Sunday. Neither is washing windows, bathrooms or anything else around here. If you're a working mom ... that leaves Saturday. And Saturday runs real short on hours ... incredibly short. I still do what I can, but I always run out of day before I run out of job list.
It might mean a few other changes around here as well. Maybe no more blog hopping in the morning. No more blog writing in the morning. It might mean that someone else around here cooks dinner 4 nites a week. It might mean that I'm forced to give up dinner duty. (That's a tough one for this mom .. the giving up of things.) It might have some real challenging moments ... but I think it will be good. :) At least we'll have a chance to see if it is beneficial both at home and with staffing at work.

It might also give me a few minutes in a week to do something else.
Like run around with a camera for a few minutes.
Try hold a paint brush for an hour.
Sit behind the sewing machine for an hour.
Help Tia with her school work.
Bring kids to the dentist.
Hold an electric drill and a sander.

I'm nearly giddy with the possibilities!

There is a problem with life that we all seem to encounter at some point. It doesn't stop. It doesn't slow down. It just seems to run at a faster pace all the time. And ... it isn't infinite. Somehow there needs to be time to enjoy the little things in this life for this life is finite. One needs to find time for the little moments. Moments that give you peace. Moments that make you just smile ... even if it's some little grin inside yourself that no one else can see. Oh .. they exist now. Plenty of them. I just would like a few minutes to do the things I don't have time for right now.


They may be around the corner ... we shall see!

No comments:

Followers